Biomimicry 3.8 is a Certified B Corporation. This is a new type of corporation which uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. B Lab, a nonprofit organization, certifies B Corporations, the same way TransFair certifies Fair Trade coffee or USGBC certifies LEED buildings. B Corps, unlike traditional businesses:
• Meet comprehensive and transparent social and environmental performance standards;
• Meet higher legal accountability standards;
• Build business constituency for public policies that support sustainable business.
There are over 500 Certified B Corporations across 60 different industries. From food and apparel for you and your family to attorneys and office supplies for your business, B Corporations are a diverse community with one unifying goal: to redefine success in business. Through Biomimicry 3.8′s public B Impact Report, anyone can access performance data about the social and environmental practices that stand behind our organization’s services and products.
The Declaration of Interdependence
We envision a new sector of the economy which harnesses the power of private enterprise to create public benefit.
This sector is comprised of a new type of corporation
– the B Corporation –
Which is purpose-driven and creates benefit for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
As members of this emerging sector, as entrepreneurs and investors in B Corporations,
We hold these truths to be self-evident:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
- That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
Find out more or join the movement at www.bcorporation.net.