Position Title: Account Manager
Location: Missoula, Montana or Remote
Start Date: ASAP
FTE: 20 hours/week; 0.50 FTE
Company: Biomimicry 3.8
Biomimicry 3.8, a certified B Corp, is the world’s leading bio-inspired consultancy offering innovation, education, and inspiration. We call ourselves Biomimicry 3.8 (B3.8), referring to the more than 3.8 billion years of life and brilliant solutions from which humankind can learn from, actively apply, and use to innovate for a better world.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that B3.8 clients have an 11-star experience and find immediate, short, and long term value from our deliverables. As part of this role, you will be working closely with internal project teams to ensure deliverables are aligned with client expectations/needs. This also includes working with marketing and communications teams to ensure proposals and client onboarding materials are positioned to best demonstrate the value created through B3.8’s products and services. The primary purpose/role of this position is an external focus on client relationships and building perennial relationships.
- Consulting experience required
- Account management experience required
- Biomimicry or environmental/sustainability experience highly desirable
- Formal education and/or 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a service-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with service and knowledge consulting and the business of relevant clients/partners, including:
- Business acumen (client business drivers)
- Sales and Marketing
- Financial analysis (e.g., ROI & TCO)
- Ability to respond promptly and effectively to inquiries or complaints from clients, partners, or staff.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage and engage remote teams. Significant experience with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Database, Contact Management, and Project Management Software systems (ideally Zoho One).
- Must be proactive, self-disciplined, and a self-starter.
- Must have a superior ability to understand, interpret, and respond to complex project management, project delivery, and problem resolution from the client perspective.
- Demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to provide strong leadership to drive service strategies in a continuously changing business environment, including managing multiple projects simultaneously in a multi-manager, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must have superior relationship-building and interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with senior management and business line leadership, and have the ability to build and motivate an outstanding team.
- Working with the Managing Director to onboard clients and craft proposals (transitioning to independent business development).
- Working with project managers and research teams to ensure deliverables are aligned with client expectations and needs, including review and revisions of visual and written content, as well as iterative meetings with project teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Managing relationships with clients, maintaining frequent and direct contact with client staff and senior-level executives.
- Representing Biomimicry 3.8 in our partnership with our major vendor relationships, developing and driving business referrals and partnering opportunities through those channels.
- Ensuring internal CRM content/data is current and accurate.
- Working with the leadership team on strategies to improve conversion rates.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive benefits package, including health insurance, a 401(k) plan, and a generous paid-time-off program. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.Apply