Position Title: Accounting Support
Location: Missoula, Montana or Remote
Start Date: ASAP
FTE: 32 hours/week (0.80 FTE) with flexible hours
Company: Biomimicry 3.8
Biomimicry 3.8, a certified B Corp, is the world’s leading bio-inspired consultancy offering innovation, education, and inspiration. We call ourselves Biomimicry 3.8 (B3.8), referring to the more than 3.8 billion years of life and brilliant solutions from which humankind can learn from, actively apply, and use to innovate for a better world.
The primary responsibility for this position is to support the activities of the accounting and finance office by providing financial and administrative support to the financial manager and other department staff. The ideal candidate is nimble, flexible, supportive, collaborative and proactive in their approach to work. This position requires a general orientation that is mostly inward facing, representing with integrity the fantastic work of Biomimicry 3.8, but also integrates with outward-facing operations of Biomimicry 3.8. The ideal candidate seeks to become knowledgeable about goals and issues of importance to Biomimicry 3.8 and our clients in order to make informed decisions in all aspects of the job. Biomimicry 3.8 is primarily a virtual company and much, if not most or all, work is done remotely.
- This position would work under B3.8’s current financial manager
- 32 hours/week (0.80 FTE) with flexible hours
- Start date is flexible but preferably as soon as possible
- The position is location agnostic with the understanding that the applicant is a U.S. citizen or has an existing US work permit. Preference given to North American time zones. There is an opportunity to relocate to the home office in Missoula, Montana
- Starting pay = $28.00/hour; $58,250 annualized for a 1.00 FTE
- Competitive benefits package including health plans, a 401(k) plan with employer match, professional development budget, and a generous flextime and personal time off program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- General bookkeeping duties including:
- Accounts Receivable processing
- Accounts Payable processing
- Job costing activities
- Banking transactions
- Reconciling accounts
- Data entry
- Reconciling expense reports
- Payroll processing and required payroll tax reporting
- Assisting the financial manager with developing and maintaining complex procedures and processes
- Supporting with client contracts and billing utilizing project management software
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Education / Experience / Critical Skills
- Associate or Bachelor degree in accounting or related field preferred but not required
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll processing required
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures required
- Understanding of general payroll procedures and reporting requirements required
- Experience in Job Costing/Project accounting preferred
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; professional verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Team-oriented attitude to assist colleagues and workgroups as needed
- Timely follow-through
- Time and logistics management
- Data file management, organization, and information mining
- Analytical skills and critical thinking to study problems and records and identify solutions
- Nimbleness and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google product platforms with ability to create and modify documents using Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications required
- An ability to navigate multiple tasks with ease and professionalism, while maintaining attention to detail, required
- Cover Letter
Answers to Supplemental Questions
- What is your favorite organism? Provide three adjectives why.
- Name five strengths or superpowers you possess that you believe will serve this position most.
- Put yourself into the future by seven years. You come to work and there is a memo on your desk. What does it say?
The application period will be open until the position is filled.
B3.8 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal and state anti- discrimination laws. B3.8 recruits, hires, trains, promotes, discharges, provides benefits and undertakes all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, gender, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or other characteristics protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.