Project Positive Program Manager
About Project Positive
Since its inception, B3.8 has championed the idea of nature-positive business with the underlying goal of enhancing the resilience and sustainability of not only business, but nature as well. In order to design a nature-positive business, Project Positive (P+) offers an established, vetted process designed to ensure that a business’s sustainability strategies not only to mitigate climate degradation, but also restore nature—a fundamental requirement for planetary survival.
As part of Project Positive, we have developed and implemented the science-based, data-driven Positive Performance Methodology with our clients and strategic business partners. The 4-step framework aligns business performance goals with the well-being of employees, the environment, and the local community, with an underlying focus on regenerative design. The science-informed approach to measuring and achieving positive impact by learning from and emulating local ecosystems establishes locally relevant performance targets, benchmarks site performance, and supports designs and business strategy for positive impact.
The primary role of this position is to ensure that Project Positive members find immediate, short, and long term value from project membership. As part of this role, you will be working closely with B3.8’s Managing Director to provide project management support and strategic guidance for the Project Positive program. This also includes interfacing with members and helping to build collaborative relationships between members. Overall, the primary purpose/role of this position is to ensure the success of the members and strategic partnerships, managing the day-to-day logistics and implementation of the program as well as thinking strategically about the development and growth of the methodology.
The ideal candidate is nimble, flexible, supportive, collaborative, and proactive in their approach to work. This position requires a general orientation that is mostly outward facing, representing with integrity the work of Biomimicry 3.8, but also integrates with internal operations of Biomimicry 3.8. The ideal candidate seeks to become knowledgeable about goals and issues of importance to members and ensure the work we deliver best supports them in making informed decisions..
Biomimicry 3.8 is primarily a virtual company and much, if not most or all, work is done remotely.
- Full-time (1.0 FTE)
- Start date is flexible but preferably as soon as possible
- The position is location agnostic with the understanding that person is a U.S. citizen or has an existing US work permit. Preference given to North American time zones, and the opportunity to relocate to the home office in Missoula, Montana
- Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience
- Minimum level experience – $33.29/hour; $69,250 annualized
- Higher level of experience – $38.50/hour; $80,250 annualized
- Competitive benefits package including health plans, a 401(k) plan with employer match, professional development budget, and a generous flextime and personal time off program.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Managing Director to provide end-to-end project management for all aspects of P+.
- Provide strategic guidance on the P+ initiatives and identify areas for growth and development.
- Work with the Managing Director to onboard P+ members, craft proposals and manage relationships with P+ members, maintaining frequent and direct contact with client staff and senior-level executives.
- Help organize quarterly virtual member meetings as well as an annual in-person summit (entails coordinating all travel arrangements, participant communication, as well as contracting and communicating with venues, caterers, etc).
- Travel to meetings and partner locations, as needed.
- Collaborate with partner organizations to align on metrics and to create a seamless experience for P+ members across different organizations.
Think strategically about the P+ membership structure and help develop a tiered membership structure.
- Collaborate internally across teams to understand common factors at the project level and help cross-pollinate work that relates to P+ member projects.
- Speak to the P+ methodology and assist members in applying it at the organizational level.
- Work with P+ members to understand what they need to demonstrate action, communicate our products, and identify any potential gaps in our program.
Education, Experience and Requirements
- Formal education and/or 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a service-oriented environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with corporations required.
- Consulting experience required.
- Account management or project management experience required.
- Well versed in client relationship management and business development.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Background in biomimicry or environmental/sustainability/circular economies highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the sustainability regulations such as the TNFD, ESG, EU regulations, UK Biodiversity net gain, etc. is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically about program development and growth.
- Ability to respond promptly and effectively to inquiries or complaints from clients, partners, or staff.
- Must be proactive, self-disciplined, and a self-starter.
- Ability to manage and engage remote teams. Significant experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom, Box, Google Suite applications, Database, Contact Management, and Project Management Software systems.
- Timely follow-through and excellent time and logistics management.
- Data file management, organization, and information mining skills.
- Must have a superior ability to understand, interpret, and respond to complex project management, project delivery, and problem resolution from the client perspective.
- Demonstrated facilitation and collaboration skills.
- Must have superior relationship-building and interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with senior management and business line leadership.
If you are a self-starter who is passionate, creative, motivated, well-organized, and ready to help move the needle on the future of regenerative business practices, you may be the perfect candidate for this role!
To be considered, please submit a resume, references, and a cover letter, along with the following:
Answers to Supplemental Questions
- What is your favorite organism? Provide three adjectives why.
- Name five strengths or superpowers you possess that you believe will serve this position most.
- In a paragraph, describe why you’re passionate about biomimicry and regenerative business.
- Put yourself into the future by seven years. You come to work and there is a memo on your desk. What does it say?
The application period will be open until the position is filled.
B3.8 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal and state anti- discrimination laws. B3.8 recruits, hires, trains, promotes, discharges, provides benefits and undertakes all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, gender, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or other characteristics protected by law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.Apply